Look Your Best With Waxing Treatments
The Retreat now offers Men’s waxing services (upper body only, Please!)
We have the Brazilian waxing back!!! Summer is right around the corner!!!
Waxing treatments from The Retreat at Serendipity Province can help you look and feel your best. Everyone has unwanted hair and we work with all types of hair removal needs from little touch ups to full areas. Our professional staff is waiting for you at our convenient Valparaiso Indiana location.
|Full Face||from $55|
|Book Your Waxing Online Now|
|Side Burns||from $15|
|Book Your Waxing Online Now|
|Half-Leg (upper/lower)||from $50|
|Brow Tinting||from $15|
Wax & Body Bar Rules
- For Body Waxing Treatments hair needs to be at least ¼ inch long but preferably ½ inch. Please allow about two weeks of hair growth before your visit.
- Please avoid sun exposure for 24 hours both before and after your waxing service.
- Gently exfoliate your skin before getting Waxed.
- A pain reliever/anti-inflammatory can be taken 30 minutes prior to a waxing appointment to minimize discomfort. We offer a med grade number for your convenience. Please inquire when booking your appointment.
- Limit your caffeine intake the day of your appointment as it can stimulate the nervous system and make waxing more painful.
- For ladies, waxing on or near your menstrual cycle can be more painful so please schedule your visit wisely. We can still perform the waxing service just be aware that you may be more sensitive.
- Let your service professional know if you have been on any skin medications that could affect your waxing service. These include but are not limited to Accutane, Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids(glycolic, salicylic etc..), Antibiotics, Benzoyl Peroxide, Differin, Retin-A/Retinol or any other skin thinning medication.
- Avoid Heat 24 hours for after a wax. This includes working out as it produces sweat which carries bacteria into the pore and can irritate skin after waxing. Also avoid sauna, steam and hot tub for one day following a wax.
- We ask that you honor our 24 hour cancellation policy, appointments that cannot be re-booked will be charged 50% of the price of the service. A credit card is necessary for reserving your appointment.
- Must be 18 or over to wax, if younger must have a parent or guardian present.
** Please be advised: There is NO discount for cash on ANY waxing service!! There will be an additional cost of $1 per minute when your waxing goes over the specified time. This overage would be due to amount of space being waxed, thickness of hair, difficulty in the removal process, etc.
American Bikini: Perfect for a waxing newbie, this type cleans up the sides, as well as a little off the top for low-treatment. (Also known as the Basic)
French Bikini: Similar to a basic bikini wax, this type takes about a half-inch more off each Side.
Brazilian: Most Brazilian waxes remove all hair front and back (including labial lips and butt), but leave a thin “landing strip” down the front. (Also known as the Playboy) However, at many salons, a Brazilian doesn’t include the landing strip.
Full Brazilian: Leaves you completely bald. (Also known as the Telly Savales, the Full Monty, the Sphinx, and the Hollywood) Don’t hesitate to tell the waxer specifically what you want (two fingers’ width of hair taken off on top, inside lips, no butt, etc).
The esthetician will show you into a treatment room, then leave while you undress from the waist down (including the panties!). The treatment then may differ depending on the type of wax. Most salons still use “soft” then covered with a cloth and ripped off. However, we also use a “hard” wax that may be gentler for sensitive skin. With hard wax, the aesthetician applies the warmed wax to the hair, waits for it to cool, then getting, be prepared for the aesthetician to move your body around.
We carry numbing cream here at the Retreat for your convenience and relief. You would need to apply it PRIOR to your service by 15 to 30 Minutes. The cost to you is $5 per gram (1/4 teaspoon). Or you can buy a tube outright (.4 fluid oz $40) and apply it at your convenience prior to your wax appointment.
Let’s be honest – waxing doesn’t tickle. But a little discomfort is worth it for skin that stays smooth for at least a couple weeks. If the “ouch” factor has you stressed, pop an ibuprofen 20 minutes before the treatment to help with the pain and use a professional numbing cream. You can also try an over-the-counter numbing cream like PRE-Kini, available at drugstores such as CVS. P.S. To be honest, I have NEVER found the OTC numbing creams to be effective at all!! Post-Wax: To minimize redness and bumps, try an after-wax product that contains azulene, an essential oil derived from chamomile or Tend Skin – a lotion that helps prevent ingrown hairs – the day after your treatment. For general soothing, you can use aloe vera gel, but the best thing is to just leave the area alone.